Copies of all financial documents are available upon request:
- May 4, 2015: Submitted 2015 renewal of Form 102 to Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs. Renewal approved.
- April 24, 2015: Filed Tax Return Form 990-N with Internal Revenue Service
- May 20, 2014: Determination Letter of 501(c)(3) Non-profit Status from Internal Revenue Service
- April 25, 2014: Filed Tax Return Form 990-EZ with Internal Revenue Service
- April 25, 2014: Submitted Form 102 to Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs. Application approved.
- November 8, 2013: Written notification from Internal Revenue Service acknowledging receipt of application
- October 16, 2013: Submission of Internal Revenue Service Form 1023 (Application for Recognition of Exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code)
- June 5, 2013: Incorporation of The Wetlands Project
We know that public trust is our greatest asset. The IRS states:
“Just as there is no single model for a charity, there is no single model for good governance. Instead, there are practices charities should consider when looking for an effective governance structure. The IRS promotes good governance practices to the tax-exempt community. A well-governed organization is more likely to comply with the tax laws.”
The Wetland Project has an independent and knowledgeable Board of Directors in place to oversee the good governance policies and procedures that define our corporate culture.